Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Awaiting the glam!

I'm back just in time for New Year's Eve outfit shopping, and ladies get ready for the sparkle!

I was at the gym today catching up on my fashion reading while working my butt off (literally) on the elliptical, when I was struck by inspiration! The December Elle (I know, I'm behind on my fashion mags) has a great spread to inspire for New Year's.

Ringing in the New Year is the perfect time to get a little ostentatious with the dress. Really, it's the only time of year when glitter and sparkles are not only appropriate but expected! Maybe it's the giant ball dropping in Times Square or the bubbly in the champagne flute, but sparkle abounds on Dec. 31! Personally, I love it. Glitter on the shoes, shimmer on the dress and sparkle on the jewelry. Get flashy, get sassy and show a little skin. Speaking of, I need to get shopping!

I want to take this time to introduce a few new features of my blog: meet Favorite Seasonal Piece, Lust-Worthy Desire, Next-to-Buy Fashion Staple and Fab Find. They might pop in once in a while. Like today.

Favorite Winter Piece: my Banana Republic oversized, gray/cream wide-stripped sweater. You can belt it, pair it with a basic Gap cotton turtleneck over a pair of jeans, throw on a pair of brown boots and you're ready for a drink at the Blue Door (Selby Avenue).

Lust-Worthy Desire: Dolce & Gabbana organza sheath dress: (Christmas present anyone?) OK. I have been trying for half an hour to find a picture of this dress and the process shut down Internet Explorer. So I gave up.  All I could find was this scanned pic from the magazine.


Pick up the December Elle (shameless plug only if I was getting paid for this) and turn to page 152. Trust me, you will want it! How cute is this dress?

Next-to-Buy Fashion Staple: nude platform pumps. Jessica Simpson makes a great, affordable pair. They go with everything and elongate the legs. Nothing better than longer legs!


Fab find: Metal bib necklace (perfect layered over that LBD for a demure New Year's dress) for $18 at Aldo! $18 people! I'm already in my car on the way to Rosedale Mall to pick one up! I think bib necklaces are my new obsession. Must. Have. One.


Now, I have to apologize for my temporary hiatus. Fall, while being prime fashion season, is also travel season at work, which leaves little time for more exciting - and fashionable - exploits. I promise it won't happen again!

My promise to readers: I will post regularly!

Challenge to friends and fashionistas/fashionistos across the Twin Cities: Step it up! I am ready to take it to the streets!

Check back next week for my rant on resort season style (who wants to leave Minnesota for tropical weather? Not me!). And, I'm out!

1 comment:

  1. I don't want that dress. But I do want those shoes. I love Jessica Simpson shoes, although I can't walk in them because they're so damn tall.

    ReplyDelete